This Model 1850 Foot Officer's Sword was supplied to all Army foot officers with the rank Major and below from 1851 to 1865. The high carbon steel blade is etched with the letters "US", a floral pattern, branches and scrolls. Its wire wrapped hilt is capped with a brass pommel and hand guard that are carved with images of leaves and the initials of the United States.. Our replica comes with a blackened metal scabbard with correct brass mounts.
- Inspired by blades used by US Army Officers
- Blade etched with intricate US
- Includes a black scabbard
- Great for Re-enacting and Collecting
- Overall Length: 38.5 Inches
- Blade Length: 30 Inches
- Handle Length: 6 Inches
- Blade Width: 1 1/8 Inches
- Blade Thickness: 1/4 an Inch
- Weight: 2 lbs.