Belly Dance is the dance form of Arabian culture. Belly dance can take up many forms in both costume and style depending on the country and region, in many places, belly dancing done with a sword. Dancing with a sword can deliver a feeling of power and ultimate control. A dancer with a sword has a weapon, and she shows how at ease she is dancing with it. Audiences love to see belly dancing with swords. When the first belly dance sword produces, the audiences get fascinated as they wonder what the dancer will do with it. When they see the belly dancer balance the sharp sword, it is awe-inspiring as a lot of skill, practice and dedication is involved in doing this art form well. Dancers with swords are barely interrupted by the audiences.
A skilled belly dancer can restrict movements in one part of the body and keep the other parts correctly moving in the other direction. Hence, a skilled belly dancer can use this skill by dancing with a sword. While balancing a sword on the head, the trick is complete isolation, so it is tiring, risky and painful if you drop the sword. To practice complete isolation, first start with lighter things such a book, block of wood or broom handle.
Belly Dancer Scimitar that is made of aluminum alloy is very light weight, only about 22 ounces, which is around 1.4 pounds. It is so light that you will hardly notice it after a long day of dancing and having fun. The edge is not sharp for safety and makes this an excellent choice for beginners. Balance of the Belly Dancer Scimitar saber-style sword is just as important to obtain the correct dancing form and style. Belly Dancer Scimitar has a wooden handle grip that does feature a full length steel tang. These are not meant for hitting or cutting, just display and performances. A red tassel hangs from the brass pommel and gives the sword a unique accent.
- Overall Length: 32 Inches
- Blade Length: 26 Inches
- Radial Blade Length: 27.125 Inches (Around the Curve)
- Guard Length: 4.55 Inches Wide
- Handle Length: 5.5 Inches, 4 Inch Grip
- Blade Thickness: 4.33mm
- The design on its blade makes it more beautiful.
- Blade Material: Aluminum Alloy, High Strength, Lightweight
- Tang: Steel Tang, Full Length
- Sharpness & Functionality: Blunted Edge, Display Purposes, Not for Cutting
- Handle: Solid Hardwood, Brass Base
- Guard: Aluminum Alloy, Silver Finish,
- Pommel: Solid Brass with Red Tassel
- Blade Finish: Painted Metallic Silver