Tips to Effectively Use Stun Guns for Self Defense
Posted by Knives Deal on 5/23/2023
Stun guns, also known as tasers, are electroshock weapons that overpower and immobilize an attacker with a high-voltage electric shock. These guns are usually shaped like pistols and must be held against your target to work. They must be contact weapons because they only work when they're in contact with the target.
These guns don't shoot bullets or darts but instead emit electrodes that transfer an electric current into the body of the attacked person. A typical gun will release 7,000 volts continuously for five seconds once it's applied to its victim which can cause temporary incapacitation.
There are a variety of brands and types of these guns. There are handheld guns, manual guns where the attacker has to touch the victim to shock them, remote guns where there's no contact between the attacker and victim and taser gun models that electrodes can be attached to a dart or bullet and fired at the target, rechargeable internal battery models, and disposable internal battery models.
Features and Design of Stuns
Stun guns are designed to send a high voltage, low amperage charge that overwhelms the motor nerves and induces paralysis. The electric current is so high that it can even cause a heart to stop beating - temporarily. The type of charge in this gun is such that no permanent bodily damage occurs. These devices are typically used by law enforcement agencies and security professionals as an alternative to lethal force against an individual.
The electric current sent by these guns has been shown to be more than enough for stopping someone in their tracks, allowing time for police officers or guards who have licensed stun weapons to make the arrest. These guns are typically used as a non-lethal form of force, but in states that allow the use of these guns by private citizens, they are typically manufactured with the same components as a regular taser.
Tips to Use Stun Guns Effectively
- Stun guns create electrical energy that travels through the attacker’s body when they are hit by its electrodes, which are usually located on the side or tip of the unit.
- The electric currents are depolarized, which allows the muscles to contract and relax uncontrollably in a very short period of time. The current travels along the pathway to the person's brain through the spinal cord, from where it moves to all parts of the body. That's why it feels like a genuine shock and can cause pain and noticeable muscle contractions along its path.
- After you've made up your mind that you want one, now is the time to figure out how you can use it as an effective self-defense tool. Here's what you need to know:
- Location of the stun gun's electrodes is very important. You should place them on an attacker’s body in a way that it hits their arm or torso, not the head or groin. These areas can affect the nervous system and respiratory functions of the attacker, which may lead to heart attack or death in some cases. This is why you must always test your lipstick stun gun with a friend before using it on your attacker!
- Aim for the soft part of their body such as the neck, throat, underarms, and inner thigh. These are excellent spots because they have large nerves and tendons that connect to vital organs around these parts of the body.
- Stun guns are great for close-range self-defense. That's because the electrodes at the end of your stun gun should be about 2 to 4 inches away from your attacker’s skin when you use it on them. If you're pulling it out to use, it means the attacker is already very close to you, so keep this in mind. The closer they are, the more effective your gun would be, and vice versa.
- Test them before using them in an actual hostile situation! This is very important because not all models work effectively, especially if they’re cheap models or if they're used too much (overcharging). It’s best to test them with a friend who knows how to act like an attacker and is willing to be shocked. The test should be done on a small area of the body such as the arm or leg because this is where your cell phone stun gun will most likely hit them when you use it in self-defense.
- You have a limited amount of time to use your gun effectively. This means you should only turn it on as soon as you pull it out of its holster! If your attacker is already very close to you, don't hesitate and pull it out the moment they approach you! If they're farther away, hold off until they get closer.
Why Choose Stun Guns?
Stun guns are handheld devices that can incapacitate an attacker with a high-voltage burst of electric charge. It works by sending electrical impulses from its metal electrodes, which then transfer the current through the person’s body muscles, creating an uncontrollable contraction that lasts long enough to make them fall down.
There are many things you should know before buying a stun, so read on for more information. But first, let me tell you why it's important you get one in the first place!
- To Get Rid of Robbers
Stun guns come in handy in several situations. For example, if someone tries to attack or rob you and there's nowhere else to run or hide, you can always use your stun gun as a defensive weapon.
- For Home Security
If you're alone at home and want an extra layer of security against an intruder, a stun firearm may be the best option. Don't wait until it's too late. Take action now! It's always better to have something and not need it than the other way around!
- To Protect Your Loved Ones
Since these guns can be a deterrent, you can choose to use them as non-lethal self defense weapons in order to protect your loved ones. You can also use them to ward off an attacker and escape. Once you've made the decision of buying a gun and you have it safely at home, now's the time to figure out what you should know about using one.
Carry Stun Guns For Self Defense!
Stun guns are fairly easy to conceal as they're small enough to fit in your pocket or purse. They're also lightweight so you can use one hand to hold it while you're striking with the other. The charge will last for a short period of time, usually 5 – 7 seconds so you'll need to touch this gun to your attacker multiple times to incapacitate them.
If you're using a handheld gun at close range, you can touch them multiple times within that time frame to have enough current flowing through their body. These guns are not legal in all states, so check your state laws before purchasing one. However, they are legal in most states and there are some models that can be shipped directly to your home without registering them first.
The ideal way to use this gun is in the middle of a situation where you're being attacked. If you can get away from them, it's good to use one or two guns at a time to maximize the amount of time they'll be incapacitated by having multiple devices.
These guns can also be used in your car as an alternative to a weapon if an attacker is trying to break into your vehicle. However, it's best if you have them with you just in case of an attack when you're driving so that you don't have to stop driving and try to access them from your glove box or console.